Simple Steamed Green Beans
The secret to a delicious pile of green beans? Cook them until they are soft on the outside, snappy on the inside. A little seasoning and voila, green bean perfection!
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- generous pinch kosher salt
- 1-2 grinds black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Place a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a few inches of water over high heat. Put in a steamer insert (either a basket steamer or an insert for your saucepan works well). Add beans and turn on high. When the water boils, turn the heat down to medium to maintain a gentle boil.
- Steam for about 7 minutes or until your desired level of crisp/tenderness.
- Top with butter and salt and serve immediately.