Rob’s Almost World-Famous Veggie Chili
Not much makes me happier than having my husband take over some of the weekend cooking. We all love his veggie chili!
Rob's Almost World-Famous Veggie Chili
Time to cook 45 minutes, makes 6–8 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box vegetable stock
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- kosher salt, ground pepper to taste
- 2 cans chick peas
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- Optional: Cornbread (I make it using Bob's Red Mill cornmeal, following the recipe on the bag)
- Toppings/garnish: Cheese, sour cream, and cilantro
- Sauté onion and pepper in a tablespoon of the broth about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté a minute more. Add spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add the other ingredients. Simmer for 45 minutes, until the flavor comes together.
- Serve with cornbread.