My family would leave me if we didn’t have tacos on Tuesday.
- a splash of olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. (or to taste), chili powder
- 2 tsp. (or to taste), smoked paprika
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- kosher salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- taco shells, hard or soft
- Sauté onion in a bit of olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté a minute more. Add the chili powder and smoked paprika and stir until your kitchen smells amazing.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to incorporate all the delicious spices with the beans and rice. Use enough of the juice from the tomato can so that the mixture is moist but not soupy.
- When heated through, serve in warm soft or hard taco shells with whatever toppings please you.