My kids are old enough to be useful. When they want dessert, they can make it themselves! Andrew washes and slices the berries while Benjamin whips the cream.
Time to cook 10 minutes, makes 4 servings
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 tsp. powdered (confectioner) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- garnish – dark chocolate curls (I do this with a bar of chocolate and a vegetable peeler)
- Wash, hull, and quarter the strawberries. Divide evenly into four bowls.
- If time permits, put the metal bowl and whipper into the freezer. Keeping things cold helps the whipping process.
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl. Whip on high speed until peaks form. Taste and add more sugar if you like.
- Top berries with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- When done, I have my kids clear the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. They can be helpful here, too!