This recipe is from my 7-year-old, Benjamin. He makes this dish all by himself – even cutting the broccoli! The first time he made it his 9 year old brother Andrew exclaimed, “This is my most favorite broccoli ever! It is better than a restaurant!”
- 1 head broccoli
- 1-2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 pinches kosher salt
- 3 grinds of black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the very bottom off the broccoli and discard. Trim the stems into 2 inch pieces and cut tops into florettes.
- Arrange the broccoli onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Line the sheet with parchment if you have it.
- Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Toss with your hands to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Cook 10-15 minutes, or until broccoli has some crispy, brown spots.
This method is also delicious with cauliflower!